I’m so honoured to have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Kelli from Blush and Brews! As a new blogger it’s so exciting to be noticed and acknowledged by my newfound peers in this community. And on that note, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank those of you who have discovered and followed me over the past few weeks. It definitely makes a serial-dater feel special 😉
But enough about that. Here’s how the Sunshine Blogger Award works:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Here are Blush and Brews’ questions, along with my answers.
1. What is something in your life that you regret not doing?
Spending a year in Amsterdam, my favourite city in the world.
2. New books or new school/office supplies?
I really do love me some new office supplies, but books make you a smarter and better person, and I think we can all benefit from that 🙂
3. Do you have any phobias?
There are lots of things that scare me, but nothing that I am phobic of.
4. What is your favorite hobby, aside from blogging?
I love to crochet Amigurumi, which are adorable little stuffed animals that are way cooler than your grandma’s crocheting!
5. Do you have an all-time favorite movie?
I have a special place in my heart for the movie Troop Beverly Hills. It’s by no means award-worthy, but it’s sweet and fun and I loved it and watched it so much as a kid that I knew it by heart!
6. Unlimited money or true love?
Well this blog isn’t called The Money Study, so definitely true love!
7. What is the best thing that has happened to you this week?
My best friend’s 2-year old daughter learned to say my name 🙂 🙂
8. What three words best describe you?
Cooky, sassy, nerdy.
9. Tell me a joke.
If you’re Canadian going in to the bathroom, and American coming out of the bathroom, what are you when you’re IN the bathroom?
ANS: European!! (Get it? You’re-a-pee’in)
10. Who is your role model or someone who has inspired you?
Those who know me will surely roll your eyes at my answer, but I’d have to say that Lin Manuel Miranda has become an inspiration to me over the past year. Not only is he hugely talented as he wrote, composed, and starred in Hamilton, but he is also pretty OK at giving back. He is in the process of raising money for relief efforts in Puerto Rico, he invites classes of high school students to see Hamilton in NYC for free (as part of their history class) and then has meet-and-greets with them (my cousin went with his class, so jelly), and he’s raising money for the Natural Resources Defense Council, in a joint effort with his wife. Oh and from stalking him on Twitter, he also seems like a pretty nice guy… I’d totally date him, hehe.
11. What’s your most embarrassing moment?
One day when I was 18, I was on the way to my friend’s house when I took my usual detour to drive by my crush’s house. To my surprise (and horror), he was actually outside playing basketball and totally saw me. Once we made eye contact I had no choice but to slow down and wave while flashing an uncontrollably terrified smile. It was in that moment that, while still waving, I heard a loud honk! It was a Domino’s Pizza car and I had almost driven into it. I was mortified. In retrospect, that should have been the first indication that I could never survive a Slutty Study!
- Back in Stilettos Again
- Swiping Stories
- My Global Life
- Alice In Wanderlust
- Love Taza
- Bethany Menzel
- Everything Here Now
- Lisa Dawson
- Rosie Culture
- Lisa Homsy
- What is the last TV show that you binge-watched?
- What song or movie title best describes your life or personality?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- Would you rather have 20 fingers or no fingers?
- What made you decide to start blogging?
- What would be the #1 tip would you give to a new blogger?
- Where is your dream travel destination?
- What blogger inspires you the most?
- What is your favourite food?
- What is your least favourite food?
- What is your ideal Saturday night?
Can’t wait to hear your answers!